Wednesday, October 21, 2009

So what the hell will the NEW HIPP NIGHTS sound like?!


I have been thinking about what HIPP NIGHTS would sound like back on KTRS since September 30th, 2008. (that’s the day after the show got yanked by the upper brass)

I’ve learned one crucial thing after almost 14 years in this industry: SCRIPTING & OVER-THINKING A RADIO SHOW IS LAME! Seriously, man, I can’t tell you how many times I’ve over thought a topic or idea and just had it blow up in my face. And not blow up in a good way.

What I want to do is give you guys (and girls) a radio show that’s fun to listen to and never asks too much. I don’t give a rat’s ass about politics. I really don’t. What the hell is my opinion about Obama going to do for anyone’s well being? Not a damn thing. I’m not RUSH…I don’t care who you pray to or what color people say your skin is. I’m doing a talk show on a SATURDAY NIGHT. Let me phrase that a different way: I’m doing a talk show, on an AM radio station, on Saturday night. Who listens to talk radio on a Saturday night? Not me. Seriously, I don’t. Well, I REALLY won’t be able to now that I’m on the air at that time.

What is my point here?

Oh yeah, doing a talk show on a Saturday night. Anyone who does a show on a Saturday night had damn well better plan to make it fun for the people tuning in—and that’s exactly what I plan to do.

I’m not going to take things too seriously. Why should I? Radio, for me, is all about having fun and then MAKING FUN of all the idiots who over-think their broadcasts and actually THINK they are making a DIFFERENCE. You know what I learned when I got fired from doing HIPP NIGHTS last year?? I learned that I CAN GET FIRED FROM DOING HIPP NIGHTS! I learned that, at any time, I can be told to pack up and get out. So I’m not going to take this too seriously. My intention is to do every show as if I’m getting the ax the next day. If you want to come along for the ride than I welcome you. Call in, be a part of the show, and tell your friends. Music radio sucks balls nowadays. When you’re driving from one dive to the other on Saturday you should tune over to The BIG 550. Why not? What is your other option? Listening to Nickleback or Breaking Benjamin?

As far as WHO will be on HIPP NIGHTS with me this time around I still don’t know for sure. I’ve been told by the upper brass that a guy named NICK will be “manning” the phone calls and helping to produce. Don’t know anything about him. I know that I need to find a better name for him. Nick. It’s too plain. I’m sure I’ll think of something. Or you guys (and girls) can always call in and give him a decent name. There are people from the past of HIPP NIGHTS that I would like to see come back and hang out. Megan, The Queen of the Local Scene…My right hand man, Brad…Hipp Nights News Man, Todd Daniels…David Mensa / Mcluvin Solomon…Terry and his stash…Jackie and, well, Jackie.

NOVEMBER 7th. Mark it down. That’s when HIPP NIGHTS comes back and tries to take over St. Louis radio yet again.

Oh, and since I’d like to NOT lost the show again—IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW IS LOOKING TO ADVERTISE—The upper brass have given me the chance to let people advertise on my show. The more I get the better my chances of STAYING on the air. I’ve got a few left. They are “live read” commercials by me during the show. Oh, and just so you know, I’m cheap. Cheaper than anyone else. I might be a sell-out, but I’m not a rich sell-out. I’m just a guy who loves being on the radio and wants to take everyone on my magical mystery tour.

If you want to advertise with me just shoot me an e-mail at hipponentertainment@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment