Monday, May 3, 2010

IT'S OVER JOHNNY...IT'S OVER!


Joe Hipperson here…I’m a huge Stallone fan, so, if I get some SLY news I feel obliged to share it with you.



RAMBO is now MIA. About a year ago, while Stallone was teasing everyone with his concept for this summer’s THE EXPENDABLES, he hinted that a fifth RAMBO film would feature John J. fighting something “alien” to the franchise.


Yeah, a lot of us rolled our eyes. But, after time, I started to like the idea. Stallone vs a man in a suit-style alien/monster? The last time we saw a throw-down like that would be when Arnold turned out his best performance EVER in PREDATOR.



Sadly, I am hear to report that the idea of RAMBO coming back to the silver screen for blood, guts & carnage is dead.


Almost…



To quote the Italian Stallion himself, Stallone said, “I

think Rambo's pretty well done…I don't think there'll be any more. I'm about 99% sure.”



99% Sure?




That leaves a .01% chance!!!



The reason I bring this up is SIMPLE—If “RAMBO” was the last film in the series…well, was it good enough? I think the film was damn fun to watch. But it really reminded me (in tone) of TEARS OF THE SUN. I really wanted to see a story on American soil, with John J. Rambo, and maybe make it a throwback to how people in this country can be a greater threat than the ‘dime a dozen’ movie bad guys.



I’ll end this entry by saying that, as of right now, STALLONE CAN DO NO WRONG. You want proof? Here you go:





No comments:

Post a Comment