Tuesday, May 4, 2010

PEARL JAM TONIGHT!



TONIGHT...St. Louis...Avery Elvis Hipperson gets to see his FIRST PEARL JAM CONCERT!

I'm stoked.

Sure, I've seen them before...Just ask my wif
e how many PJ shows I've "forced her" to go and see. For the record--she only got me to leave ONE show early. That still stings...

I'm going to post a full review tomorrow.

But, to indulge my Pearl Jam love for today--and to help spread that love to some of you that might have fallen off the Jam wagon--here are the best "gateway drug" songs from each album. My way to help ease you back in.

TEN

ALIVE
Easily, the best song on the album, and the best intro song for anyone who hasn't heard of them yet.


VS

REARVIEWMIRROR
It's got a unique flow to it. The lyrics? Don't worry. If you don't get it you don't have to stress--just wait for the 3 Vedder's screaming at the end.

VITALOGY

SATAN'S BED
This is more of a personal favorite than the best "gateway drug" song for this album. Better Man is probably a better pick. But SATAN'S BED? Damn, what a cool song. "I'd stop and talk but I'm already in love."

NO CODE


HAIL HAIL
It's a very simple song. It's lyrics are some of the most beautiful--but because of the arrangement you would never know it. Best line--Are you woman enough to be my man?

YIELD

ANYTHING!!!
Any song (except the RED DOT) from this album should get you back into the Jam. Personally, I'm a sucker for NO WAY and ALL THOSE YESTERDAYS. Avery Elvis? His favorite PJ song of all time is on this album: DO THE EVOLUTION.

BINAURAL


NOTHING AS IT SEEMS
I was back and forth with this one. I picked the slow number. It's got a great guitar solo and has a vibe to it that reminds you just how powerful subtlety can be.

RIOT ACT


LOVE BOAT CAPTAIN
Okay, I'll say it...this is their worst album. But it still has some cool moments. Half of this record sounds like they're trying too hard. But LBC hits every needed note.

PEARL JAM

WORLDWIDE SUICIDE
This very well may be my favorite Pearl Jam song ever. Yeah, I love Satan's Bed. Yeah, I'm a walking contradiction...but I've NEVER turned this song off if it pops up--and Eddie's message in this song is a great "F.U." to the suspenders ruining this country.

BACKSPACER

GOT SOME
It's off to find a song that sounds better live than on the record--this song is by far the best stand out track on Backspacer--but hit youtube and watch them play it on Letterman. Brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment